Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A tip on Tuesday

My friend Tammy (http://tam-sense.blogspot.com/) says I have lots of awesome ideas and tips on how to make life easier/more efficient. I thought I would share some of them here. I did not come up with any of these, they have been picked up along the way from my family, friends, magazines, blogs, etc.

Make your own bathroom cleaner. Fill a mason jar with orange peels (or lemon), as many as you can stuff in there. Pour vinegar over the peels, covering them completely.

Let this sit in a dark, cool spot for 1 month. After a month, pour the vinegar into a spray bottle and toss the peels. Fill the rest of the bottle with water, you want at least 50% water. Give the bottle a couple of shakes before using. 

I clean my bathroom sink with this. It's also great for the shower, cutting through soap scum. I wouldn't use it on marble tile, I will have to find something else for our fancy new shower!

No comments: