Sunday, July 8, 2012

An Update!

It's been a while! For most of 2011, I was busy getting married. Planning the wedding was very time consuming because I did a lot of craft projects myself. But it was a lot of fun!

I finally paint the guest room nightstand. I went with grey to coordinate with the file cabinet that serves as the nightstand on the other side of the bed.


I made the shams out of the fabric I mentioned before. I definitely should have put interfacing in the edge, they are way too floppy. Oh well, I am not motivated to take them apart and start over. The turquoise pillow moved in here from the living room.

I got the lamps off Craigslist. I added a grey ribbon to the top and bottom edge of the shades to dress them up a bit. The knobs on the new nightstand are glass, from Target. I also added a design to the top of the nightstand for a little bit of interest.

Not too bad for a couple of bucks! Now my mom has somewhere to put her glasses when she comes to visit!

No comments: