Sunday, July 8, 2012

Living Room Update

Since I got married and my husband lives here now, we needed to do some furniture rearranging in the living room so both of us could watch TV comfortably. Priorities!

As a reminder, this is what the room looked like before:


That turquoise pillow you see on the couch is now in the guest room. We moved the couch to face the TV, booted the tree to the dining room, shifted one of the red chairs to the corner where the tree was and added some new tables.


I got the coffee table off Craiglist. It's a little too big for the space, but I haven't found anything that I like better, so it is sticking around for right now. The console table under the orchid painting, I built last winter. We needed something both skinny and not-that-long and I couldn't find any tables available that fit our space. I used plans from Ana White (http://ana-white.com/) and modified them to our dimensions.

I won the white and black pillows on a giveaway on From the Right Bank (http://www.fromtherightbank.com/) and the yellow ones are from Crate and Barrel.  The quilt on the red chair was a wedding gift, it's beautiful!

Once we finish the upstairs, this room will probably change again, so we didn't want to invest a lot of money in a temporary solution.

No comments: