Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A tip on Tuesday

My friend Tammy (http://tam-sense.blogspot.com/) says I have lots of awesome ideas and tips on how to make life easier/more efficient. I thought I would share some of them here. I did not come up with any of these, they have been picked up along the way from my family, friends, magazines, blogs, etc.

Once per month, to clean it, fill the coffeemaker with a 50%/50% mixture of vinegar and water. Turn the coffee maker on, wait 2-3 minutes for the water to heat up, then turn it off. Let it sit for 30 minutes, turn it back on and let it run through its cycle. Once the vinegar/water cycle is complete, empty the coffee maker and run 2-3 more cycles of plain water to get rid of the vinegar smell. This will cut down on the oily residue in the maker and keep your coffee tasting great!

No comments: