Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A tip on Tuesday

My friend Tammy (http://tam-sense.blogspot.com/) says I have lots of awesome ideas and tips on how to make life easier/more efficient. I thought I would share some of them here. I did not come up with any of these, they have been picked up along the way from my family, friends, magazines, blogs, etc.

Roasting garlic for a recipe? Roast a few extra heads at the same time and squeeze out the cloves into a big pile. Line a mini-muffin tin (ice cube tray works too) with plastic wrap (this step is important unless you want all future muffins to taste like garlic) and spoon the roasted garlic into the muffin tins. Cover the whole business with more plastic wrap, going around the sides to meet at the underside. This prevents the garlic smell from invading your freezer. Stick the whole thing into the freezer. Once it is frozen, pop the garlic pucks out of the tins and transfer to a freezer bag. Each garlic puck is approximately one head of garlic.

No comments: