Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A tip on Tuesday

My friend Tammy (http://tam-sense.blogspot.com/) says I have lots of awesome ideas and tips on how to make life easier/more efficient. I thought I would share some of them here. I did not come up with any of these, they have been picked up along the way from my family, friends, magazines, blogs, etc.

You can make your own cleaning wipes! If you have a tall, cylinder-shaped container, wait until you have a partial roll of towels (not larger in width than your container). Pour water and a small amount of all-purpose cleaner in the container, closing the lid and shaking it up. I like the lemon verbena cleaner from Mrs. Meyers. Open the container lid, slide in the paper towel roll, close lid again and shake it up. When the paper towels are completely saturated, pour out any extra liquid and you are ready to go! I have found that the entire roll has to be removed from the container and the towels pulled off, the magic lid insert that is supposed to let you tear one at a time doesn't work with these.

No comments: