Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A tip on Tuesday!

My friend Tammy (http://tam-sense.blogspot.com/) says I have lots of awesome ideas and tips on how to make life easier/more efficient. I thought I would share some of them here. I did not come up with any of these, they have been picked up along the way from my family, friends, magazines, blogs, etc.

Plan your menu out each week. I know this is not a revolutionary idea, but it makes life so much easier. I used to my favorite phone app To-Do (a post for another day) but I recently switched to a Google calendar. I created a separate one for my Menu Plan and I share it with Kevin (although I think he ignores it). I am really liking this method because it helps me track how recently we had tacos or chicken pot pie or grilled cheese, to make sure I keep mixing things up. Certain spouses get cranky when we eat the same thing too often. I usually plan 4-5 meals for a week and then leave a couple of nights open for leftovers, going out or throwing together something last minute. Which is usually pasta or grilled cheese! I take a fridge/freezer/pantry inventory on Saturday or Sunday to see if there is anything that needs to be used up and then I create my plan for the week.

Here is the plan for this week:

Monday: Pork Tingas (America's Test Kitchen)
Tuesday: Book Club (which means lots and lots of cheese!)
Wednesday: Spaghetti Carbonara
Thursday: meeting for charity event
Friday: Chickpea Stew
Saturday: French Onion Soup
Sunday: Devil's Chicken Thighs

No comments: