Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A tip on Tuesday!

My friend Tammy (http://tam-sense.blogspot.com/) says I have lots of awesome ideas and tips on how to make life easier/more efficient. I thought I would share some of them here. I did not come up with any of these, they have been picked up along the way from my family, friends, magazines, blogs, etc.

I managed to put holes in 2 trouser socks in the same day, so I thought I would try this idea: use old nylons to clean candles. We have flameless candles in our fireplace and they are pretty dusty and dirty.

Here is the evidence





I shoved each candle inside a trouser sock and rolled it around to get the dirt off the outside. Then I used the trouser sock to clean out the inside and the top edge. It worked great! I threw the trouser socks away, but I am guessing you could wash them if you weren't using ripped ones.

Looks so much better!




1 comment:

tamara s. said...

Nice! Will try this tonight.